A fifteen-minute daily guide to build your Bible IQ in a year
You want to know the Bible better because you know the Bible will make you better. But where should I start? And how can I progress past the confusing parts? Core52 is your guide through the maze of a very big book. Welcome to the fast-track of biblical training.
Find a Core Group
Core Groups offer opportunities to study and discuss God’s Word together and accomplish the core verse action steps.
Want to join a Core Group? Sign up below to get started:
This is an essential resource for individuals and groups who want to build confidence in God’s Word. Think of Core52 as a fast-pass to biblical literacy, calling for 15 minutes a day, 5 days a week, for 1 year.
Author Mark Moore identifies the most power-packed passages and distills them into a digestible format for busy people who want to gain proficiency with Scripture. Core52 is a better way to know the Bible better.
What is Core52?
- The Core52 book identifies the fifty-two most influential verses in the Bible, providing a brief essay for each verse, tracing its theme through the entire Bible.
- The Core52 videos are 5–6-minute summaries of why each verse contributes to your faith journey. These can be used for individual consumption or to engage in group discussion.
- The Core52 website content offers further resources for group discussion questions to encourage, coach, and track progress. In addition, CWC will be developing questions and content to complement the Core 52 resources to provide a deeper and richer discipleship experience.
- Core52 uses the English Standard Version (ESV) of the Bible.
- Beginning September 15, Core52 is a series for every age and stage–adults, kids, and youth will be going through this 52-week series together at CWC!
How to use Core52: The five weekly exercises make this a plug-and-play small group curriculum:
- Monday: read the four-page essay
- Tuesday: memorize the core verse
- Wednesday: read the core Bible story
- Thursday: meditate on three verses with the same core
- Friday: accomplish the core verse action step (which is best done in a small group)
Why should I be part of a Core Group?
Life change happens best in the context of community. God designed us to be in community & Core Groups will provide you with unique community experiences such as studying, serving, prayer, and social gatherings. Core Groups will encourage and challenge group members to GROW into the men and women God created us to be.
What is the role of a Core Group Leader?
Core Leaders are responsible to facilitate the discipleship of group members by engaging them in the content and relationships of the group. You’ll lead weekly gatherings that discuss the week’s study, application, and challenging group members to life change.
What is the role of a Core Group Coordinator?
Coordinators are responsible for leading their own Core Group as well as providing guidance and mentorship to the Core52 Leaders. You’ll work closely with the leadership team to implement the vision of Core52 at CWC.
What is the role of a Core Group Host?
Hosts create an atmosphere where people can connect with God and each other while they explore and experience spiritual growth. You’ll express love, care, and hospitality of God to group members.
How does the small group study correspond with the weekly reading schedule and Sunday’s messages?
Sunday’s message will start the week and then the 5 days of reading will follow. Depending on the day of the week your group meets, you’ll discuss the sermon and some or all of what you’ve read for that week.
On average, how long does a Core group meet?
You’ll want to allow 60-90 minutes for your group to cover the content (perhaps longer if you decide to incorporate a meal to your group time).
Do I need a book to go through this study?
The book provides the most detailed and comprehensive content for the Core52 series. The website is an excellent resource that will serve the same purpose, however, for the best experience with Core52, we recommend reading the book each week. So if you haven’t purchased your copy yet, be sure to do so before jumping into the online lessons. Books can be purchased on campus on Sundays and at The Well Read Bookstore.
Can I sign up for Core Group even though the series has already started?
Absolutely! We will be launching new Core Groups regularly throughout the series. Sign up on this page to get started.