Whether you’re new to CWC or have been attending for quite some time, you may be wondering what’s next for me here? We’re glad you asked! You’ve already taken the first step of checking out CWC, and here are some ways you can learn and grow more with us.
If you’re new to Christ Wesleyan Church, our Welcome Breakfast is the best way for us to get to know your family and you to know us! Come enjoy a homemade spread of great food and share your story with us. We are excited to get to hear how God brought you to CWC and share a few ways for you to get more involved.
CWC is a big church with a lot of things happening all the time, and knowing how to get involved can seem complicated… but it doesn’t have to be! That’s where Connect comes in. On the first Sunday of each month during the second morning service, discover how you can:
- Find out what’s going on at CWC and how to get involved
- Get plugged in to a small group
- Learn about opportunities to serve
- Become part of vibrant church life
Bring any questions you may have about the church. You don’t even have to sign up, just stop by the Cafeteria at 10:45am. Our hope is that you’ll find a home here at CWC, and we can’t wait to meet you at Connect!
What is baptism?
- It’s a testimony of life change. Baptism testifies to the fact that we have placed our trust in Jesus to save us from our sins, and life change has come to us.
- It symbolizes cleansing. We have died to our old way of life, and embraced something better. Check out Romans 6:1-4.
- It unifies us. Baptism reminds us that we’re not alone in our faith. This life is best lived in community with others, and by sharing our decision to follow Christ we invite companions for our journey.
- It communicates obedience. Jesus was baptized to show us its value. He knew we needed it, and so He asked us to do it.
- It keeps us accountable. By being baptized, we symbolically ask fellow believers to remind us of our decision. We not only celebrate together, but we also carry each other through difficult times.
How does CWC baptize?
At CWC, we practice believer’s baptism during our weekend gatherings. We usually baptize by complete immersion in the water, but you can discuss other methods during your meeting time with the pastor. If you’d like to be baptized, fill out the form on this page to get started.
Our membership classes are designed to help you find out our beliefs, the church, the vision and ministries God has placed here in Milton, Pennsylvania. You’ll discover what it means to be a member of CWC and understand the process of becoming a member of the church.