Christ Wesleyan Church is part of the Wesleyan denomination, and the foundation of our beliefs comes from Scripture:
- We believe in one God, who is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and the Savior of all who put their faith in Him alone for eternal life.
- We believe those who are made new in Christ are called to be holy in character and conduct, and can only live this way by being filled with the Lord’s Spirit.
- We believe in the Bible and its sufficiency to establish our faith and conduct.
- We believe God wills for people everywhere to know Him and be made new in Christ.
- We believe that the purpose of the Church is to worship God in spirit and in truth, and to reach a lost and fallen world with the gospel of Jesus Christ through its worship, witness, and loving deeds.
These core terms are the soul of the church:
The Bible is God’s holy Word. It uniquely and infallibly reveals God’s plan for His people and shows how to live out that plan, individually and corporately.
Jesus Christ is the defining feature of God’s will for all humankind. In Christ is found the highest and most practical meaning and clearest example for holy living or godliness.
Making disciples is a clear mandate from Christ and requires a strong missional focus on evangelism and training in spiritual growth and holy living. Done well, this produces and promotes growth and health in and among churches.
Local Church Centered
The denomination exists to help local congregations grow and multiply, be healthy, and more authentically reflect God’s plan. Local churches are the most fundamental and strategic points of evangelism and discipleship.
Wesleyans respect leadership placed over them, realizing the authority and effectiveness of spiritual leadership is characterized by a loving and willing heart of obedience that serves God and mankind gladly. Wesleyans desire to be leaders in serving.