What is baptism?
- It’s a testimony of life change. Baptism testifies to the fact that we have placed our trust in Jesus to save us from our sins, and life change has come to us.
- It symbolizes cleansing. We have died to our old way of life, and embraced something better. Check out Romans 6:1-4.
- It unifies us. Baptism reminds us that we’re not alone in our faith. This life is best lived in community with others, and by sharing our decision to follow Christ we invite companions for our journey.
- It communicates obedience. Jesus was baptized to show us its value. He knew we needed it, and so He asked us to do it.
- It keeps us accountable. By being baptized, we symbolically ask fellow believers to remind us of our decision. We not only celebrate together, but we also carry each other through difficult times.
How does CWC baptize?
At CWC, we practice believer’s baptism during our weekend gatherings. We usually baptize by complete immersion in the water, but you can discuss other methods during your meeting time with the pastor. If you’d like to be baptized, fill out the form on this page to get started.